The Colonel is an internationally acknowledged leader in the custom picture framing industry…
- One of only 78 Certified Picture Framers in Canada and 3800 worldwide
- One of only FOUR Guild Commended Framers in Canada (The Guild Commended Framer program is internationally recognized as the premier qualification for the industry)
- One of only 17 Advanced Guild Commended Picture Framers (GCF adv) in the world
- National Picture Framing Champion
- International People’s Choice winner in Orlando, Florida
- Past two-term President of the National Picture Framer’s Association
- International speaker for the Photo Marketing Association (PMA) and the Professional Picture Framer’s Association (PPFA)
- One of only 23 accredited Picture Framing Competition Judges in the world
- Has held the position of Head Judge at the International PPFA Picture Framing Competition
The Colonel knows her stuff!
She wanted to be a framer right out of high school, but her mother (The Admiral) insisted on more traditional education, so Karla went in for Interior Design.
This background in design gave Karla the foundation of color theory, spatial awareness, textures and balance that she uses every day to create framing that’s art in itself for Jackson’s clients.
The Colonel began framing professionally when she and her husband, The Pencilneck ® (a.k.a. Owen Garratt) moved to the Edmonton, Alberta area, and as Owen’s career grew, and the fact that they now had a young family, they decided to open a retail location in Spruce Grove to accommodate their growth.
They opened Jackson’s Gallery in 2003 and positioned it as ‘The Leader in Preserving Memories’ ™.
Bucking every trend in the industry, Jackson’s doesn’t sell art *, sculptures, posters, gifts, crafts, knick-knacks, gewgaws, bangles, baubles, or beads. They specialize in taking items you already treasure and protect and preserve them by framing them to the highest standards.
With the tenacity she’s renowned for, Karla climbed to the pinnacle of the picture-framing world in record time and has forged Jackson’s into the pre-eminent picture-framing gallery in Canada…
…and that’s why she’s known as The Colonel!
*other than Owen’s art of course!
Swimming with sharks
Is a big deal, especially when you're doing a portrait for Barbara Corcoran from TV's "Shark Tank". Owen's done portraits for numerous business people, but the more notable ones include:
- Ivanka Trump
- Rick Cesari - infomercial producer behind The Juiceman, Sonicare toothbrush, OxiClean, and the George Foreman grill
- Dan Kennedy - author and entrepreneurial guru
- Mark Victor Hansen, the best -selling author of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books
- Billionaire Steve Forbes - Y'know, the Forbes 400 List?
Have Owen do a portrait for your inner tycoon!
Owen with Barbara Corcoran from TV's "Shark Tank"
Get a FREE Catalog
Owen's catalog is perfect on those occasions when you're away from your desktop-laptop-pad-phone or whatever they shove at us next.
Or maybe you can't find a drink coaster...either way it's Owen's Pencilneck Catalog to the rescue!
Click here to get yours
Commission your own exclusive Limited Edition Print!
"I should've ordered more..."
We've heard this more than once: a company hires Owen to do an exclusive Limited Edition Print to use as gifts or prizes, and they get swamped with requests from people who wanted one as soon as they saw it.
And almost every time Owen manages to avoiding saying "Told ya..." 🙂
Click here for info on having Owen do an exclusive Ltd Edition Print for your company.
“Owen, Many thanks again for the fantastic print you made for the TMX pipeline project. It was wonderfully received and in hindsight I should have ordered more!
Your personal service to this undertaking meant a lot and your talent impressed all who were fortunate enough to get one of the prints. Thanks once more and I look forward to working with you again.”
Prism Inspection Services Inc